If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I collaborate often with a colleague who is also a great cook. Whenever she comes to work with me for a day, she brings this delicately seasoned sesame soba noodle "salad" for us to share. My contribution is crisp, sweet, Fuji apples quartered and spread with freshly-ground peanut butter, a heavenly dessert. Green tea completes this simple but deeply satisfying brown bag lunch menu. - AppleAnnie —AppleAnnie
Food52 Review: What a nice addition to a non-traditional lunch box! This recipe is super easy and healthy. The dressing has a nice balance of flavors. You could make this a more substantial lunch by adding whatever leftover protein you have sitting in the fridge: chicken, beef, veggies, tofu, etc.
Thumbs & chopsticks up! - sticksnscones
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 2-3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce or Tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 -1 cups crisp cut up vegetables (red peppers, snow peas, carrots, steamed green beans, radishes, etc.)
- Toast sesame seeds in frying pan until golden.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions, typically 6 to 8 minutes. While the noodles cook, whisk the dressing ingredients (rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil) in a large bowl.
- When the noodles are soft, drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer the cooled noodles into the bowl with the dressing. Mix well and add the toasted sesame seeds. Refrigerate over night, the noodles will absorb the dressing.
- When packing lunch, fill a lidded container 2/3 full with the noodles, and top off with the fresh vegetables. Alternately pack the vegetables separately and add to the noodles at lunchtime.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.