If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from the South Beach cauliflower mashed "potato" recipe, I am offering a version that is more flavor packed, and a bit less healthy, but pretty healthy. I love using the cream with this because it keeps this dish plenty moist, while at the same time keeping it from getting runny. Although intended as a savory side dish, sometimes I just enjoy having this all on its own with a spoonful of sour cream. —Sagegreen
- 2-3 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 ounce olive oil (or unsalted butter if you prefer)
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 cippolini onions, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced and chopped (baby bella used here)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh milled fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh milled black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 small splash of bourbon (honey bourbon is nice here)
- 4 cups steamed cauliflower florets
- 1 ounce heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- dollop of sour cream, fage or creme fraiche, optional garnish if a la carte
- sprigs of fresh herb-parsley, dill, chive
- Heat a saute pan; stir in the paprika. Next add in the olive oil (or butter). Add salt, pepper, and fennel; stir. Add and saute the garlic, onions, and mushrooms until caramelized. Then add a light splash of bourbon to deglaze the pan. Remove from heat.
- Puree the steamed cauliflower in a blender or food processor. Next add the cream (or half and half). Then stir in the sauteed vegetables. Reheat, season with salt and pepper, if needed; evenly mix in the fresh herbs and serve warm with more fresh herbs. Add the optional garnish of sour cream, fage or creme fraiche if serving on its own.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Recipe of the Day
The chicest apron around.