If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the bright green and red colors of this appetizer. It looks gorgeous in the middle of a table. The cauliflowers at the farmers' market are a stunning display of bright colors...orange, green and purple. Here I have dressed up a plain white one so that it holds its own for gaudiness and especially for taste! —dymnyno
Serves a small gathering
- 1 white cauliflower
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade, but Best Foods/Hellmans if not)
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1/2 cup shelled and roasted pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- s & p
- Freeze the cranberries...it will make them easier to process into small pieces in a food processer. Otherwise they will be gummy. When firm enough, process them until they are tiny bits.
- Process the pistachios into little bits.
- Trim the bottom of the cauliflower so that it sits flat. You can carefully remove the head from the leaves so that they remain a "bowl" of leaves.
- In a large pot, steam the cauliflower head until very tender...about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Mix 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 1 tbs of curry powder .
- "Frost" the cauliflower head completely with the mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower head with the pistachio nuts and then with the cranberry bits pressing to firmly stick them into the mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the head back into the bowl of cauliflower leaves.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Serve with a baguette or crackers. Use a small spoon to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe