Author Notes: Similar in execution as my Confetti Cauliflower, this is also a great appetizer, but more for the meateaters. It looks more pristine and not quite the center of attention...but oh! it has a lot of horseradish bite and a big dash of bacon flavors! - dymnyno
Serves a little gathering
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked very crisp
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish(like Fred's)
- 1 tablespon finely chopped parsley
- Remove the leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower and set aside to use after the head is cooked.
- In a large pot , steam the cauliflower until tender (about 10 to 15 min) and cool
- Mix the sour cream with the horseradish sauce .
- "Frost" the cauliflower with the sour cream, covering the whole head.
- Place the head back into the bowl of leaves.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with the finely chopped parsley and the crumbled bacon bits.
- Serve with a sliced baquette
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe