If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an authentic Italian appetizer created by my mom. All Italian families created their own recipes using their garden vegetables. I learned to make this by "watching mom". She didn't use "written" recipes. Anyone who ate this always asked for the recipe. Since I only knew how to make it from watching mom, I would have to invite people to my kithchen to "watch and learn". Eventually, I dumped and measured to come up with a recipe. - luann_judice
Serves makes about 2 dozen patties
Boil until tender:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated romano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Add the cooked cauliflower to the batter and mix.
- Drop by tablespoon into a frying pan of hot oil.
- Cook on both sides at medium heat (about 4 min on each side).
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- You can substitute seasonal vegetables for the cauliflower. Zucchini is also good.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.