If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had vegetarian guests so I made this paella —BaconGrease
- 3 cups rice
- 9 cups water or broth
- 2 handfuls green beans
- 1 pound roasted red pepper
- 4 artichoke hearts
- 1/2 pound cooked large white beans
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 large tomato
- 2 tablespoons pimenton
- 1 pinch paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups wild mushroom assortment
- 6 white asparagus
- in a paella pan sautee garlic in olive oil
- add chopped mushrooms and sautee till soft,
- grate the tomato with a coarse grater
- add pimenton and quickly incorporate, add grated tomato post haste as pimenton easily burns
- add water or broth then add rice and paprika
- when it come to a boil add green beans and roasted red pepper sliced in strands as well as the beans
- when the water evaporates and the rice shows add the artichokes sliced and the asparagus
- continue to cook till all water evaporates and the rice is done
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Paella
Hold Onto Those Stems
Over 30 recipes to put herb stems to good use
How to cook with herb stems.
Hatch chiles are worth the fuss.
We've got the summer blues.
Our favorite food reads.
A better basket.