Author Notes: This recipe was created in my tiny Manhattan apartment last night...it is the perfect blend of fresh seafood: shrimp n' clams...along with delicious jasmine rice and beautifully colored rainbow Swiss Chard. Enjoy! - TheHealthyApple
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 pound thin chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 15 raw large shrimp
- 2 pounds clams
- 2 cups rainbow Swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh heirloom tomatoes, diced
- Cook rice according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat; add garlic and shallots, stirring until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Add chicken; continue to stir until fully cooked. Add rice, balsamic vinegar, vegetable broth, curry powder, cinnamon, and shrimp. Cook over high heat for approximately 10 minutes. Stir in clams, Swiss chard, cooked rice and tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Paella