If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As vegetables for side dishes go, broccoli is always a good option. It's available year-round and generally holds up well in the refrigerator. Because broccoli has a strong flavor, it needs seasonings with strong flavors to compliment it. Dressings with chilies, ginger, garlic, citrus juices, and spices, are best. This recipe with lime and shallots is tangy, spicy, and very tasty!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2-3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin oilve oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Mix lime juice, zest, salt, pepper flakes and cumin in a small bowl, then whisk in oil until dressing is smooth. Stir in shallots and set aside.
- Separate florets from stalks at points where the floret stems meet the broccoli stalks. Cut off the woody bottoms of the stalks and trim away 1/8 inch of outer peel.
- Cut stalks in half lengthwise and then into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring about 1 inch water and salt (1 teaspoon) to boil in a deep, wide pot.
- Lower insert or basket with broccoli into pot so it rests above water; cover and simmer about 4 to 5 minutes until just tender.
- Remove broccoli from the steamer and gently toss steamed broccoli with dressing. Transfer to serving dish and serve.
Fresh and Zesty
Creamy Asparagus, Lemon, and Walnut Pasta.
A fresh and zesty spring pasta.
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.