If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently made a spaghetti squash and spinach dish with feta and liked the combination so much I though I'd try them in a salad, adding an apple. I also played with a lemon dressing. And I loved the results! Great mix of color, texture and taste. I especially liked the smooth warmth of the roasted squash against the coolness and crunch of the apple. And the feta added a nice tang. - Sprigs of Rosemary
For the salad
- 4 cups cubed and roasted butternut squash ( 2 medium squash)
- 10 ounces baby spinach, washed and stems trimmed
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
Creamy Lemon Dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- To roast squash, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Roast the squash: Cut the squash lentgthwise in half and scoop out the seeds. With your best knife, trim the peel, and cut the flesh into cubes. Toss the cubes with olive oil and salt and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring the squash after 15 minutes.
- Cut the apple and toss with the lemon juice in a small bowl; set aside.
- Make dressing: Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and combine well.
- Combine the roasted squash, spinach, apple and walnut pieces in a large bowl. Add as much or as little dressing as you want and toss. Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.