If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a similar dish I once had at Michael Chiarello's restaurant Bottega. I chose to switch out the balsamic vinegar for maple syrup and the burrata for the gorgonzola! - JennT1981
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices sour dough bread, cubed small
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butternut, oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread out evenly onto baking sheet and cook until tender and caramelized about 25 to 30 minutes, tossing once half way through cooking time.
- In the meantime melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet and add bread cubes.
- Toss to coat evenly with butter and cook until golden and toasted about 7 to 10 minutes tossing frequently.
- Add garlic last minute of cooking them remove from heat to prevent garlic from burning.
- Transfer butternut to a serving platter, top with garlic croutons and gorgonzola. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash