Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a similar dish I once had at Michael Chiarello's restaurant Bottega. I chose to switch out the balsamic vinegar for maple syrup and the burrata for the gorgonzola! - JennT1981
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices sour dough bread, cubed small
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butternut, oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread out evenly onto baking sheet and cook until tender and caramelized about 25 to 30 minutes, tossing once half way through cooking time.
- In the meantime melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet and add bread cubes.
- Toss to coat evenly with butter and cook until golden and toasted about 7 to 10 minutes tossing frequently.
- Add garlic last minute of cooking them remove from heat to prevent garlic from burning.
- Transfer butternut to a serving platter, top with garlic croutons and gorgonzola. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash