Author Notes: Butternut squash pairs beautifully with Asian flavors such as ginger, soy and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil, and is a slightly unexpected take on a traditional fall favorite. - mariaraynal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups butternut squash, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
- toasted sesame oil, to taste
- Heat large skillet over medium flame, add vegetable oil. Saute scallions for 2-3 minutes, stir in garlic and cook for another minute. Add ginger and crushed red pepper, and after another minute, add the soy sauce.
- Once combined, add butternut squash and saute for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Just before serving, drizzle with toasted sesame oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash