If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butternut squash pairs beautifully with Asian flavors such as ginger, soy and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil, and is a slightly unexpected take on a traditional fall favorite. - mariaraynal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups butternut squash, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
- toasted sesame oil, to taste
- Heat large skillet over medium flame, add vegetable oil. Saute scallions for 2-3 minutes, stir in garlic and cook for another minute. Add ginger and crushed red pepper, and after another minute, add the soy sauce.
- Once combined, add butternut squash and saute for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Just before serving, drizzle with toasted sesame oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash