If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is something special about Autumn! When it’s a bit nippy outside and I can hear the children playing in the colorful leaves, I just love to hang out in my kitchen! I especially love to bake savory tarts or roast a chicken for dinner. Pissaladière is a savory, Provencal onion tart layered with olives, anchovies, and herbs. Serve it cut into little rectangles for a delightful & crowd pleasing party appetizer. Pair it with a salad and soup for a healthy lunch or light main course. - onetribegourmet
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 1 packet sliced medley of mushrooms, shitake & baby portobello
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk, ligtly beaten with one tsp water
- 10 small niçoise olives, halved lengthwise
- 15 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat & add the olive oil. Now add the onions, mushrooms, garlic, thyme and rosemary sprigs; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and browned, about 25 minutes. Discard the Sprigs of thyme & rosemary.
- Place the puff pastry on a 1-foot-long sheet of parchment paper and roll out to form a 10 1/2-inch rectangular pastry. Transfer to a baking pan. Using a fork, prick the pastry all over, leaving a 1-inch border. Refrigerate until ready to assemble
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Brush the pastry border with the egg wash. Spread the onions evenly over the center of the pastry and sprinkle with the olives and tomatoes. Bake until the edges are golden and the bottom is browned, about 20 minutes. Slice into quarters; serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
A Memorial Day Menu minus the Fuss
Your holiday just got a whole lot easier.
Memorial Day made easy.
We need your help!
All you need for Memorial Day.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Mortar and pestle perfection.