If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend Cindy gave me this recipe for her mom's yams/sweet potatoes. They're the bomb! I love sweet potatoes on their own but dolled up like this? Irresistible. Giving the yams/sweet potatoes a long, slow simmer in the salted butter-brown sugar-maple syrup concoction changes everything -- they're tender, buttery-smooth and surprisingly, not too sweet. Try to find tubers that are relatively straight to make the initial quartering easier. - CottageGourmet
- 6-8 sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/4 pound salted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Peel the sweet potatoes or yams and cut them, lengthwise, into quarters. Boil for 12-15 minutes in salted water.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan and stir in the brown sugar and maple syrup. Put the yams/sweet potatoes into the pan, cover and cook for 45 minutes to an hour over low heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side