If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My local grocery store is now carrying a selection of Di Bruno cheeses, as well as various condiments and jams. I created this recipe for an appetizer for one of my dinner parties, and it was a hit....The blend of sweet fig and savory balsamic, along with the melted cheese, was a delight to the senses! - LazizaBites
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 Di Bruno Bros. Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 jar, Italian organic fig preserves
- 1 bottle of Blaze (Balsamic Glaze)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place baguette rounds on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Cut thin slices of cheese, and place one slice on each round. The cheese is a bit crumbly, but that's OK - you can place some of the crumbles on the bread.
- Top each round with a 1/2 teaspoon of fig preserve.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over each bread round.
- Place baking pan in the oven, and bake for about 10 - 12 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt. Just keep an eye on it as you don't want to cheese to be too melted and the fig jam to start dripping down.
- Transfer rounds to a serving plate, and enjoy with your Italian wine!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.