If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While watching an episode of America's Test Kitchen, we used our rewind button a few times to figure out the ingredients of this recipe for aligot, otherwise known as French mashed potatoes. Creamy, cheesy, and decadent, these are hardly your average side dish! —ChrisandAmy
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- water to cover potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in 1/2-inch slices. Place them in a large pot with a tablespoon of salt.
- Add water to cover the potatoes over an inch. Bring to a boil and cook for fifteen minutes. Drain the water.
- Put the potatoes in a food processor with the minced garlic, salt to taste and the butter.
- Pulse a few times, add the milk, and pulse until smooth.
- Return the mixture to your pot and turn heat to medium. Slowly add the cheeses, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon while doing so, over a period of 3-5 minutes, until stretchy consistency is reached.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
A lassi to love
Summertime rosé cocktails.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.