If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This gluten free stuffing recipe is based on one I found by Sara Foster at Bon Appétit. It has all the components of a good stuffing recipe: bread (gluten free of course in this case), onions, celery, chicken broth, and eggs. For me, these ingredients are the foundation for a variety of delicious stuffing options. http://www.elanaspantry.com/cranberry-apple-stuffing/ —elanaspantry
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 medium granny smith apples, cored and chopped into 1 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 loaf Gluten-Free Bread 2.0 (from Elana's Pantry), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Soak dried cranberries in chicken broth for 1-2 hours
- Heat grapeseed oil in a large skillet, over medium heat
- Saute onion until soft, about 15 minutes
- Add celery and saute for 10 more minutes
- Add apple and parsley and saute for 3 minutes, until apples just begin to soften
- Transfer mixture to a very large bowl
- Bake bread cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet for 5-10 minutes at 350°
- Cool bread cubes for 20 minutes after removing from oven
- Stir bread cubes into vegetable mixture
- Whisk eggs and salt into cranberry-chicken broth mixture
- Add egg-cranberry mixture to stuffing, tossing to combine
- Transfer stuffing to a 13x9 pyrex baking dish
- Bake stuffing at 350° uncovered until cooked through and browned on top, about 40 minutes
- Let stand 10-15 minutes
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.