Author Notes: I have an obsession with Spinach Artichoke Dip, and I am pretty confident that this recipe will not disappoint those discerning spinach dip lovers out there! While the rotel may scare you, it really ends up being delicious in this dish. It is super easy to put together and great for a holiday party or football watching get-together. It has always been a crowd pleaser, and it makes an extremely large amount. I serve this with tortilla chips or toasted pita. You can also halve this recipe if you have a smaller group. Warning: This is extremely addictive! - brooke's kitchen
Serves a crowd
- 2 packets frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, room tempature
- 2 cans mild rotel
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or enough to lightly coat pan)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Saute onions until translucent but not browned. Add minced garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes until soft. Remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large baking dish. Bake for about 45 minutes or until bubbling and heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream (optional), or your dipping item of choice!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish