If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using kharcho together with seasonal produce elevates the common potato skin to new heights creating an inviting and delicious appetizer that is a snap to make. - Danica
Makes 3 cups filling
- 2 cups eggplant, small dice
- 1 pear, small dice
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 12 dried apricot halves, small dice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kharcho
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- freshly-cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- 18 small new new potatoes
- After washing the potatoes, poke once with a sharp knife and steam for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a pan over medium heat and sauté the eggplant, onion, pear, garlic and apricots until softened. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooled, cut the potatoes in half and using a paring knife or small spoon, create a well in each half. Lightly mist with olive oil and pan-sear over medium heat until the cut side is golden brown.
- Stuff each half with ~one teaspoon of filling and place upon a platter to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!