Author Notes: This is good for you and it tastes good. The brown rice is rich in fiber, the carrots are packed with natural sweetness and beta carotene and zucchini provides a healthy dose of Vitamin C. Winning combos in my book. - Allison from Haute Box
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook brown rice according to package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini; sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in cumin and cinnamon. Add brown rice to skillet; toss to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.