If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Fall for many reasons, not the least of which is that it's soup season. There's little more comforting that a bowl of warm soup on a chilly day. - CateOMalley
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cans of beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In dutch oven, saute mushrooms, onion, garlic, tarragon, nutmeg in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour until it’s smooth. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and slowly add sour cream. Whisk to fully include sour cream.
- Cook and stir until smooth. Stir in half-and-half and milk. Add lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper. Heat through, but do not boil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushroom Soup
Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
You deserve a mid-week pick-me-up.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.