If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every summer an abundant harvest of garden eggplant means coming up with creative uses for the vegetable. Since homemade pita chips and dip are my favourite "stand around the kitchen cooking and drinking wine" appetizer baba ghanoush is one of my favourite ways to use-up our summer bounty. —menumaniac
Serves 4 people as an appetizer
- 1 eggplant
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or Italian parsley, chopped
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into quarters.
- Cook skin side down on a hot barbecue for about 15 minutes or until soft. I like to put a piece of aluminum foil underneath the eggplant while grilling.
- Cool the eggplant, then scoop out the insides into your food processor.
- Add the garlic, tahini, smoked paprika, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse.
- Slowly add the olive oil and pulse. You'll want to add just enough olive oil to achieve a relatively smooth consistency but don't let it get soupy!
- Remove dip from food processor and place in a nice bowl.
- Top with chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve with pita chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.