If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the combo of sweet roasted tomatoes with eggs, peppery arugula, and nutty parmesan cheese. I make some variation of this year round--with fried eggs on English muffins with crispy pancetta, with poached eggs and a side of crusty french bread, on a sandwich with crispy sage and bacon. All delicious. It wasn't until this contest came up, that I realized my favorite combo looks like Christmas with red, green, and white colors, and with added rosemary, it tastes like Christmas too! Baking the eggs over the roasted tomatoes makes this an easy dish to serve a crowd, and it's sure to impress Christmas guests. The ingredients are for 2 people, so just double for 4, and so on. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, quartered, then quarters halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- drizzle olive oil
- drizzle balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated or shaved parmesan
- a small handful of arugula per person
- Optional: toast, sliced french bread, bacon, crispy baked pancetta,
- Preheat oven to 400. In a small shallow baking dish (that would perfectly fit the amount of eggs your serving), toss tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Bake until tomatoes are caramelized and juicy, about 30-40 minutes. Crack eggs directly over top of tomatoes, spacing apart and keeping yolks intact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until whites are set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve over a bed of arugula, or with arugula on top (as an open face sandwich, with bread on the side, or simply on its own).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.