If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I feel the necessity to continue with this awesome recipe to go with my last post, the flavorful Ghee. And with the stubbornness of being healthy, I sneak in some whole-wheat flour. The verdict? Whole-wheat rules. - FrancesRenHuang
Makes 6 naans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- a pinches of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons yogurt
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- extra all-purpose flour for rolling
Garlic and Cilantro Ghee
- 2 tablespoons ghee, room temperature
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium garlic cloves, chopped finely
- Dissolve active dry yeast in lukewarm water and sugar and let it sit for 10 minutes, until the mixture becomes frothy.
- In another bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda; mix well.
- Drizzle the oil and yogurt into the flour mix; with hands, mix until dough becomes crumbly.
- Add the foamy yeast mixture, kneading into soft dough. *If dough is sticking to the fingers, add tbsp of flour at a time, until dough is smooth and collectively forms into a ball, 2~3 minutes.
- Cover the dough and keep in warm place for 3~4 hours, until double in volume.
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees with pizza stone, at least 30 minutes before baking.
- In the meantime mix together the garlic and cilantro ghee and set aside for brushing.
- Generously flour the work service, rolling pin, and your hands. Roll out the dough onto work service and knead for 2~3 minutes; roll the dough into a snake-like shape and equally divide the dough into six parts.
- With a rolling pin, roll each individual dough into an 8-inch oval shape. Dust with more flour if needed to.
- Bake until air bubbles rise, and dough puffs up, around 5~7 minutes.
- Brush generously with garlic and cilantro ghee and cut into 4 pieces.
- Serve warm with your favorite Indian dish.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls