Author Notes: Kerala Beef Fry It basically varies from region to region. Some people call Beef Fry as Beef Ularthiyathu while others call it as Beef Olathiyathu/Ulathiyathu. The recipe followed for Beef Fry, the common approach is to Marinate and Cook the Beef and then Pan Fry till the beef is completely dry - pauljoseph
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cm cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 750g stewing steak, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 coconut, flesh cut into shreds
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 cm piece of ginger, shredded
- 3 fat cloves garlic
- 2 green chilies, shredded
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Place the beef in a presser cooker and add coriander powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves , green chili ,coconut, ginger and garlic Mix well, cover the cooker and cook for few minute till the beef is tender.
- For finishing: heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and tip in the onions and curry leaves.
- Pour the beef sauce from the presser cooker
- Fry until almost all the liquid has evaporated.