Author Notes: Dreamed up after eating blood oranges and cheese. - Stowe Boyd
- 2 Blood Oranges
- 2 Fuji Apples
- 3 cups Arugula
- 7 cups Romaine
- 3 ounces Manchego Cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Shred arugula and romaine.
- Peel oranges, and separate segments. Cut segments in half, conserving juice.
- Mix any orange juice with lemon juice, and mix with oil.
- Cut the apples into slices, and dress with the juice, lemon mix in a bowl.
- Mix greens with apples and dressing, and plate.
- Slice cheese into thin strips, and spread onto the plates.
- Place blood orange segment on the plates.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples