If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am allergic to all tree and ground nuts and that includes most oils and their byproducts. Sherry vinegar provides a nutty quality that I can't experience in any other way. The shallots and orange juice add a sweetness and brightness that complement the apples and slightly bitter fennel bulb. —niksnacks
For the salad
- 5 ounces fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together sherry vinegar, chopped garlic, Dijon mustard and extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss sliced fennel, Granny Smith apple slices, fennel fronds, and orange juice with the vinaigrette and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is your cilantro contaminated?