If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I should call this Woldorfini Salad – in truth, the salad is based on the famous Waldorf salad but with all Italian ingredients and an Italian salad dressing, because I really don’t appreciate that much mayonnaise and I like light salad dressings. A great salad for a light dinner - vegetables, proteins and just a little starch. - Maria Teresa Jorge
- 2 Fuji apples
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stalk, only the light green part
- 1/2 cup small Cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
- 4 thin slices Prosciutto
- 4 bread sticks
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons apple vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dressing Whisk together the vinegar and the salt. Whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
- Peel the carrot, cut it in 1 ½ inch pieces and cut them in matchsticks using a mandolin with a blade attachment for julienne cuts.
- Wash the celery stalk, cut in 1 ½ inch pieces and then cut them in matchsticks size as thin as possible.
- Wash 1 apple and cut in matchsticks using a mandolin with a blade attachment for julienne cuts.
- Put the apple, carrot and celery in a bowl and ad half the salad dressing and toss to coat.
- Wash the 2nd apple and cut in 4, remove stem and core and cut thinly on a mandolin with straight blade.
- Roll one Prosciutto slice on each bread stick, starting at the top and leaving part of the breadstick without Prosciutto so you can hold it.
- Toss the arugula with the remaining salad dressing.
- Put half of the arugula on a plate. Pile in the middle half of the mixed cut apple and vegetables. Sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Decorate with the apple slices, add the tomatoes, and add 2 breadsticks per plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.