If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is some argument about whether Chicory, blue cheese and wanuts salad is French or Belgian. Whichever it is, this is my version. I find the mixture of walnuts, blue cheese and apple delicious. The Chicory is always a bit bitter but I like to add maple syrup roasted walnuts and I use honey in the dressing to make up for the bitter of the greens. - Maria Teresa Jorge
- 1 head white Chicory, washed and leaves separated
- 2 cups mixed salad including red radicchio, lamb’s lettuce and endive
- 1 big or 2 small green or Fuji apple
- 1/4 cup walnuts halves
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard with seeds
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Maple Syrup Walnuts Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix the walnut halves with the maple syrup, spread them out in a layer on the parchment paper and roast for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to handle. Separate the walnuts, cut the halves in smaller pieces and allow to cool completely on the tray.
- Dressing Whisk together the mustard, honey, salt and Cider Vinegar. When creamy and the salt is dissolved, whisk in the olive oil until you obtain an emulsion. Set aside.
- Wash, dry and tear the bigger leaves of the mixed salad.
- Separate the leaves of the chicory.
- Crumble the blue cheese.
- Wash and cut the apple in 4, leave skin on, remove stem and core. Cut in thin slices.
- In a bowl, toss the chicory with the mixed salad, the apple and the salad dressing.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese and the roasted walnuts on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples