If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this dish for my wife on a lazy saturday afternoon. —abuck
Serves 4 as small plates
- 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled + deveined
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- lemon juice
- bread, for mopping up sauce
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 2-4 tablespoons oil, canola/olive
- Heat up the oil in the pan - medium high to high heat, add the paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper.
- Once the oil is hot, add shallot and garlic.
- Stir frequently, 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp, cook, stirring occasionally, until done.
- Check seasoning, adjust sweetness with sugar, adjust acidity with lemon juice.
- Garnish with cilantro, serve with bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.