If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was struggling to pull together my salad, debating almonds versus walnuts, orange or lemon juice, cheddar or blue...Everything seemed to work once I decided to challenge myself to make a salad using only ingredients found in my fridge and pantry - no shopping allowed! Our navel oranges and Meyer lemons are slowly ripening, and I was given a pomegranate from a neighbor who has a tree. The fruit bowl was full of Pink Lady apples from last Friday's Farmers Market, so I was good to go. —Lizthechef
Serves 2, generously
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic wildflower honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 large, organic Pink Lady apple
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 ounces organic arugula
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- ground black pepper
- Heat a small, dry skillet and gently toast the almonds until they become light brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small, deep bowl, whisk together the walnut oil and lemon juice. Whisk in the honey and grated ginger. Set aside.
- Cut and core the apple into quarters. Thinly slice the apple (but do not peel it) and place slices in a shallow bowl. Cover the fruit with the orange juice.
- Add the arugula to a salad bowl. Crumble the goat cheese into the greens. Add the sliced apple, toasted almonds and pomegranate seeds.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad. Grind black pepper to taste. Toss and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).