If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom makes this dip in a pinch when last-minute company is coming and she needs something in a snap. Serve it with fresh bread or crusty baguette croutons. —erinmcdowell
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and lots of fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (whipped or thinned with 1 Tbsp heavy cream if too thick)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 4 strips bacon, diced and cooked until crisp (optional for garnish)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms and saute until lightly brown and softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and stir in the cheeses and herbs. Serve with bread, garlic toasts, or crackers. This dip is good warm or at room temperature. Garnish with crispy bacon, if using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
The science of soggy cereal, vegetables in space, and more
This weekend's reading.
Out of the park toppings.
It's time to travel.
Life's a beach.
Put cake on a pedestal.