Author Notes: I have to admit that I'd never cooked beets at home until last year! They always seemed messy and high maintenance. But once I gave it a try, I realized how wrong I was. Roasting beets is incredibly easy and yields deliciously sweet veggies that work beautifully with this tangy dressing. - One Hungry Mama
- 4 beets, trimmed & scrubbed
- 1 orange, segmented with peel & pith removed
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- handfuls walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap beets in aluminum foil and roast for about an hour and a half. When done, let them cool while still wrapped in foil. After about 5 minutes, unwrap, peel, and cut into quarters, then cut each quarter in half.
- In the meantime, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, dill, OJ, and lemon juice.
- Toss beets, orange segments, and dressing (you won’t need as much as the recipe makes–leftover stored in an airtight container will keep for about a week). Sprinkle walnuts on top.