If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have to admit that I'd never cooked beets at home until last year! They always seemed messy and high maintenance. But once I gave it a try, I realized how wrong I was. Roasting beets is incredibly easy and yields deliciously sweet veggies that work beautifully with this tangy dressing. —One Hungry Mama
- 4 beets, trimmed & scrubbed
- 1 orange, segmented with peel & pith removed
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- handfuls walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap beets in aluminum foil and roast for about an hour and a half. When done, let them cool while still wrapped in foil. After about 5 minutes, unwrap, peel, and cut into quarters, then cut each quarter in half.
- In the meantime, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, dill, OJ, and lemon juice.
- Toss beets, orange segments, and dressing (you won’t need as much as the recipe makes–leftover stored in an airtight container will keep for about a week). Sprinkle walnuts on top.
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.