If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a riff on a pasta recipe from a vegetarian cookbook. I added savories like toasted pine-nuts and garlic, and of course, the scallops knock it out of the veg category! —ACK Kitchen
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 8 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine
- 3/4 pound Bay Scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon Minced parsley leaves
- Place oven rack in highest position and pre-heat oven to 475 degrees. Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add pasta. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with 4 TBs olive oil and season with salt and pepper, place on prepared baking sheet and roast for 15-18 minutes, adding minced garlic halfway through the cooking time. Cauliflower should be nicely browned around the edges when done.
- In a large bowl, toss the scallops with the paprika and cayenne pepper.
- In a saute pan large enough to hold the scallops, melt butter and 1 TB olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot but not smoking, add the scallops, stirring constantly, until scallops are translucent; about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a serving dish, combine parsley, lemon zest, juice, capers and red pepper flakes with remaining 3 TBs of olive oil. Add cooked pasta, roasted cauliflower and scallops, toss to combine. Top with toasted pine-nuts. Sprinkle with pecorino and remaining tablespoon of parsley.
Tags: doubed easily
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.