Author Notes: A southwest take on a classic sandwich recipe. - mommiecooks
- 1/2 of a Baguette
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Cumin and Chili Powder for Sprinkling
- 4 Slices of Bacon
- 1/3 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1 Ancho Chili, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Arugula Lettuce
- 1 Tomato, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, Chopped
- Start out by chopping up your baguette into 3/4" slices.
- Brush the olive oil over the top of the pieces and sprinkle them with your cumin and chili powder.
- Next up, you'll mix together the mayo. salsa, and the chili pepper.
- Spread your mixture over the top of your baguette bites.
- Now it's time to add your shredded cheese.
- Now, take your cheesed up crostinis and throw them into the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes; just long enough to get the cheese good and melted.
- While they're in the oven, grab your bacon and fry it up.
- Pull out the cooked up pieces, let them cool and drain, and then cut them into thirds.
- Now, take your cooked up crostinis and place a piece of bacon, then the arugula and finally the chopped tomatoes.
- Finish them off by sprinkling a couple leaves of fresh cilantro over the top.
Tags: Super Bowl