Author Notes: This recipe came from my love of Rice Krispie treats. I wanted to make them a little more "grown up" so I started to experiment with different flavors. This recipe is one of my favorite combinations. Sweet, with a subtle hint of citrus. - LardonMyFrench
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large non-stick pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and turn the heat up to medium-low.
- Stir occasionally to make sure the marshmallows melt evenly. Once all of the marshmallows are melted, add the ground cardamom, orange blossom and vanilla extracts, and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies cereal until completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9" x 13" (or similar) baking dish and smooth out with the back of a greased spatula or spoon.
- Let cool and then cut into squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom