If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I generally shy away from recipes that use copious amounts of olive oil, but seafood salad is an exception because it just tastes so good and olive oil-y. I like to serve each portion mounded a on leaf of radicchio. - VanessaS —VanessaS
Food52 Review: This is a keeper! I served this on a small bed of arugula and it was really wonderful. It is light and fresh, and I loved the citrus against the briny capers and olives. The fennel gave it a fantastic crunch -- I might even add a bit more of that next time. Beyond the flavor, which was great, it was so pretty. It also comes together pretty quickly. A great dish for a beautiful spring day. - inthebow —inthebow
Serves 4, as a first course
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small squid, bodies sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 18 medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 small fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- 3 oranges, supremed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion (cut from a quarter of a whole red onion)
- 20 manzanilla olives, halved
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until garlic begins to brown around the edges. Add the squid and cook until opaque, about 1 minute. Remove squid to a shallow bowl.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in the saute pan. Add the shrimp and saute until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add to the bowl with the squid, along with 1/4 cup of olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Cut the fennel into 1/4 inch by 1 inch batons. Add fennel and remaining ingredients to shrimp and squid mixture and gently toss.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Squid or Octopus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).