Author Notes: I have delicious mandarin oranges on a tree. I eat them morning, noon and night. I am a lucky duck! - Molly Hammerstrom
- 5 mandarin oranges divided
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12 Kalamata olives halved vertically
- 2 or 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl (big enough to toss two large handfuls of spinach) put the peeled mandarin orange segments.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining oranges to equal about 3 tablespoons of juice. Add to bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil and mustard. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add olives and spinach and toss.
- Sprinkle with slice almonds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
Tags: serves a crowd