Author Notes: I honestly didn't intend to create this for entry, I just have (not surprisingly) a lot of olives and citrus in the house. But it's really good (which I realized to far along to get a photo) so here you go!!! - aargersi
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 blood orange
- 2 neopolitan mandarines (itty bitty little things! use a single tangerine as an alternate)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large shallot (about 2 tbs sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic - roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios - roughly chopped
- Remove the broccoli stem and cut it into florets. Zest and juice the blood orange into a large bowl, add the juice from the mandarines and the lemon, then the oil, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper - whisk all of that together. Toss in the broccoli, olives, shallots and garlic and let it all sit and marinate for about 20 minutes - toss it a couple times while it marinates.
- Heat the oven to 425. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray it with no stick (this makes for easier cleanup) then spread the broccoli mixture out on the sheet. Pour any remaining marinade over top.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the broccoli just starts to brown and is nice and tender - stir it once or twice while it is roasting.
- Serve topped with some chopped toasted pistachios!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives