If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: I honestly didn't intend to create this for entry, I just have (not surprisingly) a lot of olives and citrus in the house. But it's really good (which I realized to far along to get a photo) so here you go!!! - aargersi
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 blood orange
- 2 neopolitan mandarines (itty bitty little things! use a single tangerine as an alternate)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large shallot (about 2 tbs sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic - roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios - roughly chopped
- Remove the broccoli stem and cut it into florets. Zest and juice the blood orange into a large bowl, add the juice from the mandarines and the lemon, then the oil, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper - whisk all of that together. Toss in the broccoli, olives, shallots and garlic and let it all sit and marinate for about 20 minutes - toss it a couple times while it marinates.
- Heat the oven to 425. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray it with no stick (this makes for easier cleanup) then spread the broccoli mixture out on the sheet. Pour any remaining marinade over top.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the broccoli just starts to brown and is nice and tender - stir it once or twice while it is roasting.
- Serve topped with some chopped toasted pistachios!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives