Author Notes: Upma is a South Indian dish. It is usually made with refined wheat grains, which we generally call Rava . Upma is easy to prepare recipe.
We made this today dinner and had with Cherupayar thoran ( Green Gram Stir Fry) you can have UPMA with honey,any preserve,jam, pickle or an egg omelet I just look and take the picture and wrote this recipe .Sorry for my English
- 1 cup rava / semolina
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- A few curry leaves(Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in pan and add the mustard seeds when mustard seeds splutter add the onion green chili and curry leaves. fry for few minute then add the carrot stair for few minute
- Now add the semolina into the carrot mix and fry for few minute
- Take all from the pan and keep aside.
- Into the same hot pan add 2 cups of water . When water boils and bubbles add the semolina carrot and mix well.
- Serve hot with lime pickle , sugar or honey.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe