If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tart is made with fresh figs and a layer of the Fig and Grappa jam that I have posted. It's very quick to make if you have frozen home made or bought puff pastry. I make it when figs are at their best and I like them just fresh, with their full flavour. It goes very well with a honey or vanilla ice-cream. —Maria Teresa Jorge
- 12 ounces puff pastry dough
- 1/2 cup Fig Jam with Grappa (see recipe I posted)
- 30 fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out pastry on work surface to 13 " circle. Put in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden the dough. Place on top of the pastry circle a loose base of a tart pan 12 " in diameter and cut out a 12" circle with a very sharp knife (don't pull the dough, just cut through sharply). Keep the 1 " circle that is left outside and make one single cut.
- Brush the 12" circle border with water and place on top the 1" circle and cut off the remainder pastry (about 1" in length) and put the ends together, forming a raised border. Pierce the central part of the pastry all over with a fork. Bake until pastry is golden brown about 25 minutes.
- Cut the stems of the figs, peel them (or not, your choice) and slice them.
- Spread the Fig and Grappa jam on the base. Cover with the fig slices. Sprinkle the edges with the icing sugar and serve as is or with some honey or vanilla ice-cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe
Grilled Cheese, Please
Sandwiches that stop the world and melt with you
Grilled cheese, please.
It's time to travel.
Whey cool desserts.
Put cake on a pedestal.