If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s astonishing that a handful of simple ingredients could be transformed into this elegant dessert that is so rich in flavor and yet so light in texture—but that is the magic of the pudding our family calls Spanish Cream. Divine on a warm night, it will end any dinner party with a happy sigh. - CarolineStoll —CarolineStoll
Food52 Review: This is a lovely dessert. It's really simple to make and so light it just floats off the plate. The combination of beaten egg whites and gelatin give it a texture that's firm and easy to cut, but still airy and not dense. It would be fantastic in the summer with fresh berries. —Arathi
- 1 quart whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packets Knox plain gelatin
- dashes of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour 1 quart milk over 2 envelopes of gelatin in a large saucepan and heat to lukewarm, about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Separate eggs.
- Whip yolks with electric beater, gradually adding sugar, until light lemon color. Then pour eggs and sugar into milk in pan. Turn heat up to medium high and stir constantly until almost at a boil. Take off heat, add vanilla and set aside.
- Whip egg whites until stiff, and fold them into milk until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into 13- by 9-inch pan and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares and serve on lovely plates.
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
Independence Day, the frozen dessert way
Ice cream, cookies, and independence.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.