Author Notes: I do this all the time with cucumbers for a salad, condiment, or side dish. But in the winter, carrots make an excellent substitute! - erinmcdowell
Makes about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch carrots, thinly sliced into discs or strips
- In a medium bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, curry paste, chili sauce, and garlic to combine. Make sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the veggies and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes (the longer they go, the more tender and flavorful the vegetables will be).