If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Trying to create healthier recipes this week I am starting with a savory carrot milkshake. The big decision is what herbal flavor to choose with this to complement the raw carrots best. I have listed some good options. —Sagegreen
- 1 cup organic finely grated raw carrots
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- a very tiny pinch of Maldon salt flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced dill, lemon verbena, thai basil or fennel fronds, to your taste preference
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or cultured buttermilk (or half of each)
- 2-3 crushed ice cubes, optional for well chilled shake
- Put your finely grated raw carrots, ginger, zest, optional salt, herb, and milk in a blender.Add crushed ice.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.