Author Notes: Trying to create healthier recipes this week I am starting with a savory carrot milkshake. The big decision is what herbal flavor to choose with this to complement the raw carrots best. I have listed some good options. - Sagegreen
- 1 cup organic finely grated raw carrots
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- a very tiny pinch of Maldon salt flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced dill, lemon verbena, thai basil or fennel fronds, to your taste preference
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or cultured buttermilk (or half of each)
- 2-3 crushed ice cubes, optional for well chilled shake
- Put your finely grated raw carrots, ginger, zest, optional salt, herb, and milk in a blender.Add crushed ice.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe