If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After cooking long grain brown rice with teff using carrot juice, I had a lot left over. I had cooked 1 cup of rice with 1/4 cup of brown teff in 1 1/4 cups of water and 2 cups of carrot juice with an inch of fresh ginger. So I wanted to use raw carrots with these grains in a salad. This is what I created. - Sagegreen
- 2 handfuls of baby mixed greens, black cress included
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice with teff
- 1 cup peeled grated organic carrots
- 2 ounces Bulgerian sheep's feta or goat cheese, crumpled
- 1 sliced thin ring of red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 ounces pepitas
- 2 ounces premium dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Arrange the greens on two plates. Divide the cooked grain and add that next. Create a ring of grated carrots on each plate next. Layer the onion, pepitas, cranberries and cheese on top. Float the mint leaves next.
- Mix the olive oil together with the remaining ingredients to make a dressing. Pour over the salads just before eating and toss. Sprinkle with salt lightly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.