If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my all-time favorites from my blog. So much so that I even used the image as part of my site's header! It's elegantly simple, but the flavors & textures are complex enough to keep things interesting. My favorite addition to this is a few crumbles of goat cheese on top, which rounds things off beautifully with just the right amount of creaminess.
(Full post available at http://www.poorgirleatswell.com/2010/03/recipe-warm-brussels-sprouts-salad-with.html) - PoorGirlEatsWell
- 1-2 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 ounce crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisking together vigorously until completely combined. Set aside.
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts, trim off the ends and remove any soiled or wilted leaves, then cut each sprout into quarters (if they’re really small, halves will also be okay).
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet and add the minced garlic, cooking until just slightly fragrant. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir fry over medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender, seasoning with salt & pepper about halfway through. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, assemble the salad by tossing together the sprouts, cranberries, chopped almonds and the dressing. Let the salad sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with extra chopped almonds and plenty of freshly ground pepper, and enjoy!