Author Notes: This is one of my all-time favorites from my blog. So much so that I even used the image as part of my site's header! It's elegantly simple, but the flavors & textures are complex enough to keep things interesting. My favorite addition to this is a few crumbles of goat cheese on top, which rounds things off beautifully with just the right amount of creaminess.
(Full post available at http://www.poorgirleatswell.com/2010/03/recipe-warm-brussels-sprouts-salad-with.html) - PoorGirlEatsWell
- 1-2 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 ounce crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisking together vigorously until completely combined. Set aside.
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts, trim off the ends and remove any soiled or wilted leaves, then cut each sprout into quarters (if they’re really small, halves will also be okay).
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet and add the minced garlic, cooking until just slightly fragrant. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir fry over medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender, seasoning with salt & pepper about halfway through. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, assemble the salad by tossing together the sprouts, cranberries, chopped almonds and the dressing. Let the salad sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with extra chopped almonds and plenty of freshly ground pepper, and enjoy!