If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: "I'll do it, but I'll probably hate myself in the morning" was a line frequently uttered by Bugs Bunny, most memorably in the 1944 classic "Little Red Riding Rabbit."
Suffice to say that in the closing scene of this fractured fairy tale, Bugs and the wolf have their arms around each other and are sharing a carrot while Red Riding Hood faces the inevitable. I think they might have enjoyed sharing one of these, inspired by a myriad of rum concoctions consumed on various beaches and poolside.
(Graphic courtesy Warner Brothers Entertainment) - wssmom
Food52 Review: This is a really interesting, unusual recipe, in a very good way. It's important to follow the proportions carefully - the amounts of carrot juice to coconut milk are just right to provide a pleasant, carroty kick in an otherwise creamy cocktail. I used organic bottled carrot juice because I am lazy, and when I tasted it realized it was not as sweet as fresh, homemade juice at all. So I added a dash of maple syrup to sweeten the cocktail a bit, and that worked great. I would recommend tasting and adjusting for sweetness/lemon juice to your taste, because brands vary greatly and this really makes a difference to the taste here. I thoroughly enjoyed this cocktail! - Arathi
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 3 ounces carrot juice, preferably fresh, but organic bottled juice works, too
- juice of a half-lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- agave nectar to taste
- ice cubes
- freshly grated nutmeg
- In an Acme cocktail shaker (or one of Wile E. Coyote's other unbreakable devices with a cap) shake together the rum, carrot juice, half the lemon juice, vanilla and coconut milk. Depending on the sweetness, or non-sweetness, of the carrots, you may want to add some agave nectar to taste and/or some of the rest of the lemon juice. Fill an Old-Fashioned glass with ice cubes, pour in the carrot cocktail and dust with freshly grated nutmeg. Serve and enjoy poolside with the rest of the Looney Tunes All-Stars.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.