Author Notes: My husband invented this by combining two different risotto recipies. - vikinga
- 6 1/4 cups Vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 ounces comte cheese
- salt and pepper
- Make the vegetable stock and leave it simmering on the back of the stove.
- Put the carrots and the wine in a food processer or blender and puree.
- Heat the butter or oil, add the onion and saute over low heat until translucent. Add the carrot puree and increase the heat to medium. Cook for 30 seconds and add the rice. Add the broth a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously until each addition of broth is absorbed and the rice is almost tender. Aproximately 15 minutes.
- chop the smoked salmon and add to the risotto 2 minutes before the rice has finished cooking.
- Taste for salt and pepper and stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe