If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got this recipe from a good friend and every time I make it I am brought back to the times we shared together. This recipe is Indian in nature and makes me want to take a trip. —Fran McGinty
- 3 - 15 ounces canned chick pea's
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Peeled and minced
- 6 Cloves garlic Peeled and Minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 9 dried dates, pitted and chopped
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 star anice or 1/3 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. drain chick peas set aside.2. crack cardamom pods. Peel the shell to release the seeds and collect in a mortar and pestle, crush seeds.3. in medium pot set over medium-high heat. Heat oil until it begins to shimmer. add onion and saute for 8 to 10 minutes until soft and starting to brown. stir in the garlic saute a couple of seconds reduce heat to medium add tomato paste. Add cardamom and all remaining ingredients and saute for 1 or 2 minutes 4. Add the chick pea's and 1/2 cup of water. Heat mixture stirring occasionally to blend flavors. serve warm. reheats well.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.