We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
This week, you turned off your air conditioner and cracked open the windows instead. Maybe you even had to grab a light jacket to wear on the way to work. The seasons are shifting, and with that comes big pots of stewed lentils, hearty steamed dumplings, and stick-to-your-ribs porridge. Embrace the cooler weather by cooking up something warm and comforting from these links.
- Whip up a comforting pot of stewed lentils to eat all week long. (Life Love Food.)
- On a chilly day, it doesn't get much better than steamed ricotta-cabbage dumplings with homemade dough. (101 Cookbooks.)
- Try this savory take on waffles, made with a chickpea batter and topped with a tomato-fennel salad. (Dolly and Oatmeal.)
- For the ultimate sandwich, stuff juicy lamb, preserved lemons, and salty capers between two slices of bread. (eat in my kitchen.)
- Give cheesecake a fun twist: Serve a deconstructed version in jars and top it with plum preserves. (Fork and Flower.)
- Ease into the new season with these pumpkin semifreddo push pops, which walk the line between summer and fall. (My Name is Yeh.)
- Bake some pouding chômeur -- or poor man's pudding -- next time you're in the mood for a dense, sweet treat. (Reclaiming Provincial.)
- Start your day off on the right foot with this creamy coconut millet porridge. (Cook Republic.)
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!