We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
While there's something to be said for a good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie or a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, sometimes you have to shake things up in the kitchen. Pour some bourbon into butterscotch pudding; infuse almond milk with spices like saffron, cardamom, and rosewater; or top popcorn with bacon, furikake, and Corn Pops. Want more creative takes on standard dishes? Just read these links.
- Try Roy Choi's take on kettle corn with Corn Pops, bacon, and furikake. (Joy the Baker.)
- These mini pistachio Boston cream pies are almost too cute to eat. Almost. (The Candid Appetite.)
- Homemade almond milk is good, but homemade almond milk with saffron, rosewater, and cardamom is even better. (Honestly Yum.)
- Looking for the perfect antidote to fall's chilly weather? Whip up some corn and cod chowder. (Brooklyn Supper.)
- Top pistachio cheesecake squares with fresh berries for a delicious gluten-free dessert. (The Bojon Gourmet.)
- You've heard of broccoli slaw, right? Meet its lesser-known cousin, cauliflower slaw. (Smitten Kitchen.)
- Take butterscotch pudding to the next level with a generous splash of bourbon. (Chocolate and Marrow.)
- For an easy and beautiful brunch dish, make this zucchini and Parmesan quiche. (Local is Lovely.)
Photos on top by (clockwise) Joy the Baker, The Candid Appetite, Brooklyn Supper, Honestly Yum
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) The Bojon Gourmet, Smitten Kitchen, Local is Lovely, Chocolate and Marrow
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!